Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Sam and I had discussed international moves before. Our first brush with it was shortly after Lucas was born. It didn't seem feasible at the time. Why I think it will be easier to move with four children, I have no idea. We kind of sent that idea out into the cosmos, and BAM! Here we are--moving in about three months.

In many ways, this endeavor has been easier than moving cross-country. As we are storing few items other than antiques and personal items, we can quickly determine what is sold and donated. The quote from "Fight Club" keeps resonating in my ear, "The things you own end up owning you." In many ways, this has been a freeing exercise and I'm actually finding more security getting rid of things than holding onto them.

The kids have been great about choosing their favorite toys and books. Thomas has been most mature. He understands which things are most important to him, as oppose to Lucas who wants to keep everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment